Sunday, October 26, 2008

Painting

Why does it always seem like painting your house is such a good idea. "It won't take long", "roll, roll, roll". Every time I decide to paint, I think it is going to be fast and simple and it never is. But, when it is done the end result is usually worth it.

My house as been sage green since we moved in 3 1/2 years ago. We have changed furniture and lighting and with the dogs, it has just become dingy and dark and I have been itching to repaint for a couple of months now.

Finally, I told Juan, I am painting whether you want me to or not. One day you are going to come home and I will have started, and then there will be no turning back.

Well, I didn't have to go that far, he finally agreed to let me paint.

The other bad habit I have is I tend to go for dark colors. Since I wanted to lighten things up, this could be a problem. I asked my friend Todd to help me because I think he has a great eye for color and combining them.

Well, we went with 3 colors. An aqua blue (Acapulco Cliffs) a cream (Cape Honey) and a rust (rum raisin) color. The living room is aqua and cream, the colors are on the 4 walls opposite each other and the rust is around the doorway. I like the cream, it definitely lightens it up, especially with a brown leather couch. I like the rust too, which is no surprise since I like dark colors and it is very close to the color in my bedroom. The aqua is going to take some getting used to. I don't have it, I like it, but it is really bright. I will have to see how the room looks once all the furniture is back in. That will make a huge difference.

I am going to bring the colors into the dining room next and reverse the pattern.

Wish me luck. Looks like Wednesday and Thursday, I will be painting.

1 comment:

Jen said...

you will have to post some pictures up when you are done so we can see the finished product!!! :)